So, my wonderful brother in law and sister flew the girls and I to Portland for their daughter Lilly's baptism. We had so much fun and I am so grateful to my sis and her family for including us in their big day. We flew in on Thursday and Jordyn was able to go to soccer practice with Kelly. Friday we tried to prepare a bit for the party on Saturday. And all the in between time we hung out and played. It was soooo nice and we all needed it! Saturday was Lilly's big day. She was gorgeous as usual! She was baptised Greek Orthodox and the ceremony was beautiful. The church was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and the experience as a whole was awesome. I did have to sneak away and threaten Ireland's little life in the "cry room" but she finally calmed down and I didn't miss too much. After the baptism Stephani and Spiro hosted a celebration at their home. The weather cooperated, which by the way was the only day while we were there, but at least for Lilly the clouds parted and the sun was shining. They had a huge jumpy house, tons of food and family and friends! The kids played their hearts out. They were so tired by 7! We got to see my dad and Kimmie and at that point Jordyn's life was complete!
The last night in Portland we went to my mom's and stayed the night. We took the kids bowling and to an arcade. Ireland loved bowling and it was her first time actually playing(well as much as a 2 year old can play!)
The trip was a short one, but we really had so much fun. After we left Stephani's Ireland kept asking, "where is aunt stepani?" I am so glad we took the time to visit and can't wait to see each other again! Thank you Sassalos Family!
No comments:
Post a Comment