Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jordyn's Baptism

While we were in Eagle Pastor Eric baptised Jordyn. Jordyn has been asking if she could be baptised for about a year. We kept putting it off because we wanted to make sure she knew what it meant. She kept telling us what she felt it meant and so this last Spring we agreed that she could do it in the Summer. She told us that she wanted Pastor Eric to baptise her because he is a part of our family!(so darn sweet) She also told us that she believed Jesus died for her sins and that the Bible is true, that Christ is who He says He is and she wanted Him and everyone else to know she is a Christian. Mike and I were so proud of her! If I accomplish nothing else in this world I am ok, but I want my kids to know Christ. Because if they do the rest will fall into place. We are so happy that this decision was Jordyn's alone and that she wants to follow hard after God.

On Sunday, July 25, 2010, Jordyn was baptised in the Eagle River. The setting was absolutely perfect. The day was beautiful. It was probably 85 degrees the sun was shining, the water crystal clear, and surrounded with the most amazing greenery! Our worship leader Garrett was so nice, he came down to the river and lead us in a couple songs. We were also joined by The Collom Family, Philip, Pastor Don, and Hunter. After worship we prayed and Mike, Pastor Eric, and Pastor Don headed into the river. Philip joined them in the water as well and snapped all the photos for us. (Thanks Phlop) The moment was over quickly, but so powerful! I don't think I have ever been more proud of anything in my life. I pray that all 3 of our kids continue to grow in Christ and walk with him all of their lives!
"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6
All the praise be to God!

Checking out the area

This is the spot

Worship























What is she doing?? She was scared because the water was cooold!



This is my favorite picture! Beautiful!







Pastor Eric..he's getting old







Mommy and her girls

Pastor Don and Jordyn

Pastor Eric and Jordyn

The Collom's and The Colligan's

Philip and Jordyn

Hunter being cool

Hunter and Jordyn

No comments: