Monday, January 4, 2010

Good Bye 2009, Hello 2010

Well, 2009 seemed to just fly right by. I really must be getting old, because there are days I can't seem to keep up! Here are the highlights of the last 2 weeks in December for the Colligan Clan.

*Jake arrived for Christmas break on the 26th. We celebrated by opening presents and having a prime rib dinner. He was able to stay until Jan 3rd and we all had so much fun. Mike took Jake and Jordyn snowboarding, we did a little shopping so the kids could spend there Christmas money of course, Jake, Mike, and Eric went to see Avatar in 3-D and we played games just about daily! Jake is so funny and we had so many laughs all together. I always sleep the best when all 3 of our kids are under one roof. It's like there is peace because I know where each one is and that they are safe. We can't wait to all be together again soon! We love u man!

*The Collom's finally made it to Utah! I know we can't believe it either! It was so refreshing to see them again. We have so much fun with them and truly feel blessed to share such a great friendship with their family. I of course won when we played Settler's, but that is no shock!!! heehee The next trip will be ours to visit them! love ya Collom Family.

*Mike and I were both on vacation from Christmas until today. It was so nice to just take some time out and focus on our family. Not very often do we all get to just be together to do whatever we want. The last vacation Mike had was last Christmas so he was long overdue. Now, we are back to the daily grind, but I think we all feel refreshed and can muddle through until the next vacation. Hopefully, we won't have to wait another year though.

*New Years Eve was kind of lame this year. Mike and I were in bed at 10pm which is pathetic, but it is what it is. The kids serenaded us in the dark with the most annoying songs they could come up with trying to keep us awake and it worked for about 30 minutes and they got bored and we crashed! So, nothing catastrophic happened to welcome in 2010 which was nice to wake up and find out. We were suppose to have plans, but things unfortunately fell through. Maybe next year it will go better. All in all 2009 was a pretty good year, but we are still hoping for a better one in 2010.

Here are just a few pics of the kids playing go fish and rummy!



No comments: