Thursday, January 7, 2010

Exhaustion!

I am pretty sure that at least twice a week(ok, probably more) I say to my husband, "I am so exhausted, and I don't know why." And then today as if I had been hit with reality, it came to me. I most certainly know why. So, because I am tired and bored and the kiddos are napping I am going to share with you the reasons for my exhaustion!

1. I stay up way too late. Granted I am usually in bed by 8:30, but I stay up until at least 10 and some nights midnight. No matter how tired I am, I just can't go right to sleep.

2. After staying up so dang late, I wake up at 5am(ok, only once a week, and usually I get to go back to bed, but it is more than a disturbance)to welcome 2 of my daycare girls.

3. About once a week, Ireland decides she needs to wake up and just be cranky, this usually happens anywhere from 1-3am and sometimes from 1am to 3am! It's lovely, because she goes back to sleep finally, I get up, and she still gets to nap in the middle of the day! Seriously, we need to follow after the hispanic culture and all have a daily siesta!!! I would vote for sure on that one!

4. I have OCD. I don't know that I have ever fully admitted it out loud, but it is true. I want my house spotless, all the time. Did I mention I watch 6 kids and do homeschool everyday. I'm trying to let go of some of the OCD, but just can't. There is NO way I could ever go to sleep with dishes in the sink! It's dumb, I have no good reason for it, but I can't do it. Luckily, my husband shares in this annoyance or at least goes along with it, so I am not totally alone in my chores, but I am the one in the house all day so it bugs me all the time! And I feel like all the chores need to be done by the time Daddy gets home from work. Again, this is my own rule not anyone elses.

5. I homeschool are 6 year old daughter. Now, this is a decision we as parents made together and still strongly believe this is the best education we can offer her right now, but I also do daycare full time! So, there is much stress involved because there are obviously many interruptions. Lucky for me Jordyn is super smart and is doing great in school despite all the chaos.

6. Oh, yeah, I do daycare! I watch 6 kids, pretty much daily. Sometimes it's only 4 because 2 kids go to school, but when they are off track I have all of them all day! I have good daycare kids, but it is a lot of work. For those of you who think I am a babysitter, I've got news for you! If I could find a babysitter that does half as much as I do with the kids I would hire them for my own. By the way I do enjoy my jobs. I love little people. And the benefits far out weigh any I could get anywhere else.

I know I am not the only person in the world with the exhaustion disease, but I'm the only one blogging about it! So, until next time world!

No comments: