The above gifts were given to me by my sister, Stephani, for Mother's Day. Of course they are adorable gifts, but they are much more than just adorable! If you can not see it clearly, the coffee mug says "Special Sister" on one side and "Sisters are Forever Friends" on the other. For most sisters this wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary, but Stephani and I have not been ordinary ever! Steph and I have the same dad and different moms. So we grew up in separate households. We didn't see too much of each other growing up and we didn't really know each other very well. Even in to early adulthood we still didn't know each other very well. We did see each other more often, but we just weren't connecting.
Fast forward to present day. We are not the same women and we definately do not have the same sisterly relationship! Stephani is my only sibling and I have been so envious of other families who had siblings they were so close to. I don't have to be envious anymore! I have it! This coffee mug proves it! LOL All kidding aside, God has done a mighty work in each of our lives. Stephani's family as well as ours have the same morals and love for Christ and I think that has really bonded us together! I am so thankful to the Lord for blessing my sister and I with so many things, but the biggest thing by far is the blessing us wiht each other. Like most relationships it has been a long time coming, but oh so worth it in the end! I have the best sister in the world! I love you Stephani!!!! And thank you so much for the Mother's Day gifts. By the way my coffee even tastes better in my new mug!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, the tears are flowing down! Who would have ever thought we could be close? Gods love for us is just amazing!I thank Him and Praise Him for bringing us together. You are my sister and my best friend! I love you!!
Post a Comment