Tuesday, July 13, 2010
My Boy
What a great 4 weeks we just had! We had all of our kids under one roof for a whole month. Now to most people, this is something you get to celebrate year round, but unfortunately for us, it doesn't happen often enough. It is as if a piece of your heart is missing until we all come together again. I am of course talking about our son Jacob. He just left for the airport to head back to Oregon. My heart is literally breaking as is the rest of the family. I do not think we could have asked for a more perfect son than the one we thank God for on a daily basis. He truly is a good kid. We are so proud of who he is and all he has accomplished. He works hard and is always helping us out. And he is dang funny!! He keeps us all laughing. This summer we weren't able to take a vacation, but we still had a great visit. We went to the lake, rode dirt bikes, fireworks, lots of games and movies! I think he slept on the couch in our bedroom more than in his own bed. We would put the girls to bed and Jake, Mike, and I would head to our room to watch t.v. before bed. Jake passed out on our couch everytime! He turned 15 this year and we keep asking where the time has gone. He is a young man, not a baby anymore. Even though I always tell him, he will be my baby no matter how old he gets. We are going to miss him, and hope the time will go quickly until we are all together again. We love you Jacob Michael Colligan!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment