Monday, August 24, 2009
Backyard Friends Are Best!
Where to begin? We moved back to Utah about 4 weeks ago. We are living in our same house as before. I have to say, I really love my house! We finished the basement about 2 1/2 years ago, but never got to enjoy it. Now that we are back we do and we all love it! It feels like an escape, but not like a dungeon! Anyway, we had to make a trip back to Colorado for Mike's job and it was so good to be at our church there and see all our friends! But, living in a hotel for 10 days with 2 kids and 2 dogs and no car is no bueno!! I am not making that mistake again!! While in Colorado I had a visit with my favorite back surgeon and now get to start physical therapy! I am on the road to recovery!! So to celebrate I pulled weeds in the backyard yesterday. I know, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box! While we were out doing yard work though, we re-connected with our backyard neighbor. And I guess it's true that "backyard friends are best" because they are Christians, they have kids the same age as ours, they attend our church and host a small group at there house with child care! Now, for some people this might not be exciting, but for us, especially living in Utah, wooo hoooo.....we are so excited that these people are literally in our backyard. Our kids played for the rest of the aftrernoon and after exchanging phone numbers we are all set to go! God is so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment